Monday, April 9, 2007

Leading Ladies

I am fortunate enough to have two wonderful ladies standing by my side during this adventure. One has been by my side and has supported me for as long as I can remember, and the other for as long as I have known her.

My beautiful little sister, Ashley, is one of my bride's maids. She has always been willing to do whatever it takes to make me smile (and of course while growing up, whatever it took to be a pain!). We've done it all together; from playing make-believe, to exploring the great outdoors (being our backyard when we were younger and then the trails around North Carolina as we got older), traveling to new and exciting locations, trying to be the better sports-woman, or just plain hanging out and watching a movie. I am glad that she has agreed to test the walk down the rocky beach before me this summer. I am blessed to have such an amazing sister who is willing to do anything for me!

I am equally blessed to have a best friend who will also stand by my side this summer. Megan Rader is my Maid of Honor, and at times I think that I am the one who is more honored to have her support in all of my crazy adventures.

Meg and I met on my first day of college through my roommate. She quickly became a friend, and over the next 4 years she became my confidante. She has been my partner in crime (if you consider saving the world a crime, that is), my support when the world felt like it was about to crumble around me, and my challenger when I decided to just let things be. She has made me a better person by not letting me simply be.

Meg served with AmeriCorps*NCCC for two years as well, and is now continuing her fight to make the world a better place by building homes with Habitat for Humanity in Baton Rouge.

There are not enough words to describe how much each of these leading ladies mean to me, and even if there were, you would probably be bored to tears, so I will spare you. I am, perhaps, the luckiest girl on earth to have such amazing people to stand with me as I marry the most incredible man I know.

1 comment:

LiL BiT said...

Aww...That was the greatest!!! I love you so much and you know I look up to you more than anything in the world!!! I Love you more than anything!!!! I can't wait!!! YOU ARE AMAZING....BE SURE TO STAY THAT WAY!!! LOVE YA